Well, 2012 has come and gone. The Mayans (and Hollywood) were wrong, and we are still here! If you’re like me, you just got used to saying 2012, and now here we are in 2013. We have a lot of New Year’s resolutions we are working on at Laser Resources (finally hitting the gym!), but for now let’s reflect on another fantastic year:
– We started 2012 still glowing from the celebration of our 20-year anniversary serving Des Moines and central Iowa. This included a fun banquet at the Iowa Hall of Pride and a national award from the PROS Elite Group, recognizing Laser Resources as one of the Top 100 Dealers in the United States. Watch the video here!
– In March, Laser Resources provided equipment for the NCAA Women’s Basketball Tournament at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines. Among the many highlights: eventual champion Baylor Lady Bears beat the Tennessee Lady Volunteers in coach Pat Summitt’s final game for Tennessee. Oh, and this dunk.
– In June, we expanded our operations by acquiring Bishop Business Systems’ Des Moines operations. This made Laser Resources the largest Toshiba dealer in the state of Iowa. Read the press release here!
– In September we held our first annual Community Appreciation BBQ with over 150 community members, friends, and customers celebrating with us! We had live music, great BBQ, cold drinks, and even a printer smash to benefit Iowa children with life-threatening illnesses through Dance Marathon and the Children’s Miracle Network. We even made it on the Channel 8 News!
– In October, we hosted an AM Exchange with the Urbandale Chamber of Commerce. Over 60 businesses professionals from around the community joined us for breakfast and networking. Check out the pictures!
– We also added “Tech Tips”, offering easy-to-understand tips and tricks to help get the most out of your office equipment. Check out this video on how to get a meter read off of your copier.
– We ended the year with a fun Christmas party! Here is a recap, set to the tune of Jingle Bells!
Well there you have it. 2012 was a fun year, and I hope that 2013 will be even better! Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go get on the treadmill. My resolution has to survive until at least January 5th…