A new video we filmed during 2013
And just like that, 2013 is over. (Didn’t we just write last year’s reflection?!) New Year’s Day has come and gone and now we are firmly planted in 2014. We are excited about the future and what this year has to bring: expanding our Pitney Bowes mailing solutions to more customers, serving more organizations outside of Des Moines, and hosting another customer product show. But before we turn the page completely, we would like to look back at a fun and successful 2013:
– This year marked the first year that we have sold and serviced Pitney Bowes mailing solutions. We are the first independent vendor in the state of Iowa to be selected by Pitney Bowes, and we were honored and excited about the opportunity. We have made great strides in hiring top talent and installing these postage meters, inserters, and mailing software at several well-known organizations around Des Moines. We hope for more success in 2014 as we have all the pieces in place to really take off!
– In 2013 we were happy to partner with DocuWare, a document management company. Through our partnership, we can now take clients documents from “idea stage” (creation, collaboration, storage, security) through distribution (mailing directly to customers). This puts us in very rare company here in Iowa, and we are thrilled about the opportunity to offer DocuWare not only to new customers, but also to our current customers looking to improve their workflow.
– Last May, we held our “May Day Expo” at the Iowa Hall of Pride. It was a huge success with business from all over central Iowa showing up to eat good food, have a few drinks, and learn more about the wide variety of document solutions that are available to them through a local company like Laser Resources. We had representatives on hand from Pitney Bowes and Canon, and we are looking forward to another fun customer event in 2014. (Stay tuned!)
– Over the summer, we held our annual “Laser Resources Night at the Iowa State Fair”. It was a fun night full of great people, awesome music, and of course, delicious fair food. If you didn’t see the pictures, you should check them out by clicking here. Also, just writing about the State Fair makes me wish it was summer again…
– Throughout 2013, we were happy to get involved in several non-profit community causes, including Youth Homes of Mid-America, Johnston Rotary Club, the Never Say Can’t Foundation, and Citizens for Johnston Quality Schools. Being active members in our community is one of the core values at Laser Resources, and we believe in serving the central Iowa communities in which we live and work.
– This past year we added several new partners to our list, including the Iowa Wild and Hoyt Sherman Place. These are Des Moines institutions (both young and old) and we are excited to have our name associated with them. You can find our logo on center ice at all Iowa Wild games at Wells Fargo Arena, and you can see our logo in the playbill next time you check out an event at Hoyt Sherman Place.
– We hosted several events at our offices throughout the year, including our annual Urbandale Chamber of Commerce AM Exchange in late October. The turnout was fantastic again this year and it is becoming one of our favorite days at the office, playing host to all of our Urbandale business members. We also were pleased to host the Mail Systems Management Association meeting, introducing a whole new group of industry leaders (mail) to our offices and our team members.
– The whole sales team took a wonderful trip to Chicago for PRINT 13 this past September. It was a great experience to see what’s coming in the print and mail industry, right from the world’s best manufacturers. We made some great contacts at the meeting and even gave some of our customers a private tour of the newest print technology on the market. Not to mention, we all go to eat at Ditka’s Steakhouse! Here are some pictures to prove it.
– This fall, we decided to to upgrade our fleet of service cars and get them wrapped in Laser Resources signage. Next time you see one of these sweet rides rolling down Douglas Avenue in Urbandale or cruising on I-235 through Des Moines, take a look!
– We also had another fun LRI Holiday Party in December. This included phenomenal finger food, cold drinks, and even a crazy game where we all had to draw specific scenes on a paper plate while the plate balanced on our heads. Intrigued? Here are some photos.
See? It was a fun year. And a full year. But it wouldn’t even be possible without our loyal customers, our friends and families, and our great central Iowa communities. We look forward to growing with all of you here in 2014. Let’s all have a fantastic new year!